Thursday, March 17, 2011

Week #6 chest and triceps done

Yesterday, I was working at trying to maintain my usual progression on 3 hours of sleep. It's even harder than it sounds. I also realized that I was slightly dehydrated, so my water intake for the day increased dramatically while I was there. These two factors added up to make one slightly-irritable Mandalorian. Slightly-irritated Mandos tend to swear. A lot. In Mando'a.

Man, was I ever glad that no-one else understood Mando'a. But first, I'll break to the day's activities. Chest and triceps day was pretty much a full-blown success. I did do my first split-set ever on THT 2.0 Refix, but I wholly blame my overtiredness on that because my follow-up set went flawlessly. Hell, I'm still pumped this morning! Triceps were worked as intensely as I could, and I barely managed to get my progression on my first set of overhead tricep extensions. I also managed to finally smash out my first set (such as it was) of weighted tricep dips. This came at the end of my tricep workout, mind you. So, I managed a grand total of 8 dips with a 25lb plate slung in front of me! I then did 3 forced-resistance negatives... and just about collapsed off of the dip bars at that point. Weighted dips will likely be my "finisher" for my triceps workout for some time to come.

As a kid, watching Star Wars, I always thought that Boba Fett was a great character but also that he was horribly under-used and under-developed. If I'm not mistaken, my middle brother, Aaron, was quite impressed with him too. If there's one good thing that came out of the new Star Wars trilogy, it's the clones element. The use of Jango Fett as the genetic template for the GAR clone army is brilliant - but the post-movies development of the Mandalorians (and Jango having been a Mandalorian) is outstanding.

They invented an entire language, Mando'a. They completely developed the backstory for the Mandalorian's homeworld - Mandalore. They developed the Mandalorian ways: accepting outsiders as their own when those outsiders decide to become Mandalorian, devising simple rules to keep their culture alive - even when off-world, the self-supporting mindset of a true Mando'ade.

What's not to love? This all relates back to my training blog in one idea: ramikadyc. Ramikadyc is Mando'a for "a commando state of mind". Karen Traviss's Mando'a dictionary goes on to state, "...am attitude that he / she can do anything, endure anything, and achieve the objective. A blend of complete confidence and extreme tenacity, instilled in special forces during training. Can also be used informally to describe a determined, focused person."

When I train, I don't just see myself moving the weight, I already know that the weight is going to move. It's not an option. Unless we're referring to yesterday, where I was wondering "why the shabla weight won't move!" for my final reps. So, I resolved to "nar dralshy'a" - try harder. I still made an awesome effort out of the day.

I'm looking forward to biceps, forearms and abs day today - especially now that I've had enough sleep.

Keep lifting folks!

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment