Friday, February 25, 2011

Week #3 shoulders day done - plateau busted!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

OK, enough CSI for this early in the morning. I smashed through my shoulders plateau last night, putting up not only a true 140lb x 6 wide-grip overhead press (seated) but also a 120lb x 8 set and a 90lb x 12 set (previous to those were 110 x 12 and 90 x 9). VICTORY!

I also managed to smash out 100lbs x 6 for the dumbell overhead press and 90lbs x 8 for the second set. Previous was 90lbs x 10 (didn't see the lower rep range that day) and 80lbs x 12. Gained nicely on the delt lat raises as well, 45s and 40s.

Trap shrugs were almost a disappointment, because both the power rack and Smith machine were occupied. So, I subbed in extra-duration weight stack raises at max weight (305lbs) and did 12, 10 and 10 reps. I was trashed after that. I had been looking forward to more gains on plated reps, but that will have to wait till next week.

Back day is today. If looming obligations creep in as I expect that they might, back day might have to be tomorrow. We'll see.

Just remember: if at first you can't lift that weight, don't sweat it. Just MuscleHack it. You'll move it in no time. :)

Happy Friday everyone! Lift safe and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment